Dear Richfield Residents,
Thank you for electing me to serve Richfield, a community we all love. It has been my honor to serve as your mayor. I appreciate all of you who have supported me and I am asking for your continued support by re-electing me on November 2, 2010.
The last four years have been challenging yet encouraging for our community. We are all aware of how different the economy of 2010 is as compared to 2006 and I am proud of how Richfield has handled the realities of the new economic climate. As mayor the city council and I have had to make many difficult decisions in order to balance the city's budget and continue the unmatched municipal services, such as police, fire, and public works.
During my second term I will continue making the hard decisions that provide excellent municipal services to our community while working within the budget constraints. I will continue to fight for policies that make Richfield safer, cleaner, and responsive to homeowners and business owners alike.
Please explore my web site to learn what we have accomplished over the past four years and what we can expect to accomplish in the next four. Your feedback will help me lead Richfield to become a better place to work, live, and play.
I ask for your vote on November 2, 2010.
- Achieved four years of balanced budgets
- Maintained superior level of service after reduction of state funding
- Expanded businesses and increased revenue within Richfield
- Created Property Excellence Taskforce
- Improved recreation facilities including new softball fields and skate park
- Hosted regular Mayor's hours meetings to address concerns of community members
- Worked with federal legislators to maintain funding for senior programs
- Supported metro-wide crime reduction strategy
- Improved city bidding process to target local businesses for the supply of commodities and services to Richfield